Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Essence Express Dry Spray



Hello, fellow beauties!


I bet every single of you has experienced that maddening situation when you're in a hurry and just want  to get your nails done as fast as possible. You all know the boredom that sets in as soon as the nail polish is on the nails and you just can't do anything if you didn't think about turning your TV on. 
I'm no exception to that and therefore I was thrilled when I spotted this the other day.





The express dry spray by essence promises to let your nail polish dry within seconds and give it a beautiful extra shine. 

I was really sceptical in the beginning because I've seen a lot of fast-drying products that don't work so far and I'm afraid to say, this one is no exception.

To be fair, the nail polish does dry fast, but not thoroughly. The drying process seems to stop in that state where the nail polish is almost dry but dents very badly if you so much as look at it. And it doesn't seem to pass that state, I could only make it wearable by adding another coat to my nails and let that one dry normally.

Another big, fat minus is what it does the skin. As you need to spray it on from a distance you can't avoid getting some product on your fingers and it makes them feel ever so weird! They feel slightly wet and cold and sticky, much like when you spray them with spray dressing. And once you got it off, which isn't easy, the skin is utterly dry. This is an absolute no-go!


As you can see, I'm yet to find something that makes my nails dry faster. I wish I could recommend this to you as it was a real bargain, but if it doesn't do the job you really shouldn't buy it only because it is cheap!


It would be super nice if you told me in the comments what your favourite products to speed-dry your nail polish ares because I'm always on the hunt for new things to try!

Have a wonderful day, my lovelies!


xx


3 comments:

  1. Hello Sweetheart :) I tried this product too and I agree on your points. I have been trying out the fluid naildrying drops from essence. The fluid is kind of oily though so it's only for the topcoat. You should really try the nailwonder lacquer from Microcell. Apply after the colour is briefly dried on the top and you will be surprised how fast the topcoat from microcell will dry itself and the polish below! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the red one from your latest blog post or another one? I do think I bought one called nail wonder the other day, but the packaging's not red but clear. Excited anyways! <3

      Delete
  2. The opi fast drying coat does the trick for me, and if i don't want to mess around then I stick to 2 coats and leave it:)
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    Majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete