Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Advent No. 2 & 3 (oops!): Festive Make-Up Looks



Hello and a happy third advent, my fellow beauties!


You all certainly noticed that I kinda missed my advent post last week. Well, whoopsie! I really apologise but one of my pets died last week and I was really devastated and blogging was one of the last things I thought about.
But as a compensation I made sure to prepare this post with extra love and extra care. I put together three different make-ups that are all suitable for Christmas, may you be celebrating on the 24th or 25th.


1. Gold, Gold, Gold







Almost no colour symbolises Christmas for me like a warm and sparkly gold. I love putting loads of golden ornaments on my Christmas tree so I thought I could repeat this theme in my make-up.
I started off with the Catrice Made to Stay Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Lord of the Blings, which is a very cool-toned, golden cream eyeshadow, on my lid and blended it out into the crease. Over it I put MAC's Naked Lunch which is a light champagne colour with golden undertones to make it look tidier because Lord of the Blings is not a very blendable colour and tends to look patchy. 
Over that one came the golden colour of Sleek's Storm palette which is nameless I fear, but in the picture above it's the third colour from the right in the upper row of the upper palette. It's a warm, very shimmery gold, which I put generously all over the lid and didn't blend up into the crease. Because for that one I chose Urban Decay's Half-Baked, an even warmer gold that may look a little bronze in the light. Due to this effect I adore this for the crease because it intensifies the shadows you want to create.
What remained on my brush went on my lower lash line. 
I then finished the look with a black flick that I intensified with the black eyeshadow of the Storm palette and not too dramatic mascara.
Because everything else was sparkling already, I chose not to wear a blusher and highlighter, but went for The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, which gave me a healthy look but calms everything down with its matte finish. 
For the lips I used Maybelline Moisture Extreme 610 Precious Rose, a gorgeous and very natural pink with teeny tiny bits of glitter that you don't really see that much but go well with the theme.






2. Smoke it out!






This is my favourite of the three looks and probably the one I'm actually going for myself. It's more dramatic than the other ones so if you want to keep it more natural this might not be for you but then you might rock this on New Year's Eve.
As a base I used Urban Decay's Pistol eyeshadow which is part of the Naked 2 palette. This is a silver-grey metallic tone and I adore it. In the crease I put Creep, another Urban Decay colour from Naked 1, a black with shimmer particles in it. To calm it all down a bit I chose a bit more subtle colour to go on top of Creep and I took Soap & Glory's Smokey Dokey Lid Stuff palette, the colour Smokin' in particular which is a very dark grey with a shimmer as well but it doesn't show very strongly. 
Additionally to my staple black flick I applied black eyeliner under the eye which I smudged to accentuate the smokey look. I finished the eye make-up with Max Factor's False Lash Effect mascara which is one of the more dramatic mascaras I own.
For the cheeks I chose the beautiful Rose Gold blush by Sleek, I don't think I have to tell you much about this gem. It's basically a wonderful peachy pink, depending on your skin tone, with golden shimmer particles and it looks so nice on literally everyone.
Because there's so much going on already I wanted to take my lips out of focus and put on a nude tone. It's not a Rimmel Apocalips by the way, but a 'new' product by Manhattan, I do believe the companies are actually one? I couldn't explain the exact same product with another name otherwise. Anyways, the colour is called 004 Date Me.






3. The Classic





For the is the ultimate winter make-up. I just could not include a look with a red lipstick, could I?
Because I'm not a fan of a dark lip with almost nothing on the eyes to counteract it, I chose to do a little bit with light colours there. 
On the lid I wear a sheer champagne colour called Innocence and it's out of Sleek's Bad Girl palette. For the crease I took another colour from Soap & Glory's Smokey Dokey quad, this one is called Black Gold. No idea where this name comes from because it's actually a matte grey.
A thick black line is mandatory for me when it comes to dark lips, so here we go and mascara and we're fine.
I again put on my Honey Bronze Powder by TBS because I don't like going without anything on the cheeks at all. 
For the centrepiece of the look, the lipstick, I chose MAC's Russian Red, one of my favourite colours ever, a deep dark red with a matte finish. A big plus with this one is that it's not so drying as other matte lipsticks and is super easy to handle so you don't have to worry about it all night.





For all the looks above I used my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the colour 20 and the Annayake Translucent Powder. For contouring I used MAC's Harmony Blush.



That is it for my three festive look options! Please tell me in the comments if you liked them and what kind of make-up you are going to wear this Christmas, I'm so excited to know!


Have a wonderful day!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment