Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Goodbye, Bobbi Brown

Hi guys!

Today we want to say goodbye to a good friend, trusty companion and reliable saviour in dire need.
Let us say 'Goodbye' to the Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation:

These are tears. I suck at drawing.





I purchased my little friend quite a while ago, I think it was about 1.5 years, and it was love on first sight with us. I've used it on a daily basis except in the middle of summer when I got way too tanned for it and it has lasted me up until now.

But now, it is empty. It is more then empty. It's empty empty.

What can I say about it?

Although I've used it almost every single day, it lasted an incredibly long time. That's because it is really liquid and it doesn't take much to cover the whole face. I usually only took one pump except when I needed a little bit more coverage, then I either took two or mixed it with other foundations.

This is, what many people don't like about this product: It's coverage is not that strong. It's rather medium to light and it definitely takes concealer to even out red patches on your face. But for me it was okay because the finish is super natural and luminous.
Plus, I don't like a super high coverage when I'm only out to sit in a dark lecture theatre for a few hours.
Especially in the beginning of summer, the light coverage is great because I didn't feel painted or caked with make up and the included SPF spared me the sun blocker.

Another thing I really love about it is the fact that it doesn't stick to the fine hairs on my face or emphasise my pores. I do have some foundations that do that a lot and I love to mix them with my Bobbi Brown because it's the best of both worlds:
Great coverage and a lovely performance on my face.

I had the colour Warm Sand 2.5 which is a rather yellow beige. Most people I know find it too yellow for them, but as my skin is kind of yellow to begin with it suit me quite well.

You might ask yourselves, why it is, that I'm writing a goodbye-post on a product I love and that is empty.
That's easily explained: It is not just empty. It is empty and out of stock.
Gah, I hate it when they do that, kicking out products I 'just' found and fell in love with.

The second thing you might ask yourselves is: why not buy the successor (being the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation) if you love the foundation so much?
That's not so easy to say. I've been to the shop and tried it but somehow it was not the same. I couldn't name a difference thinking about it, but something prevented me from buying it.

Instead I gave the MAC Matchmaster a shot. There will be a review about in a few days but let me tell you this so far, I adore it.

So, Goodbye Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation. We had great times together and I am going to miss you. Dearly.


Have you tried this product? Have you things you love and can't get anymore? Tell me in the comments!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this foundation but it sounds like I should have done!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still have a look at the successor, they're very much alike

    ReplyDelete